ROMANIAN HOSTELLING ASSOCIATION
Is a nongovernmental, non-profit organization that was founded in 2014.
Our association has as main objectives:
– promoting hiking and school camps;
– setting up, equipping and managing youth camps;
– promotion meeting young people and families on different circuits hiking or travel – nationally and internationally;
– promoting links people with nature and the environment in general;
– promoting awareness and personality development of young people;
– leisure through sports, hiking, plays, discussions and activities carried out jointly;
– promote holiday travel and education for young people and families, to know their own country and countries or foreign peoples, all of which will be achieved by using the experience offered by our partners, combining it with national experience.
– through its members and partners, the association seeks to facilitate access to culture, art, education and environmental protection thus trying promote human values through facilitating access to travel and nature.
Being part of an international network of partners, the association wants to contribute to a better understanding among young people, members or not, the association and its partners.
Our main partner is the Youth Hostel Associations, one of the largest international organization in the world with a total of over 3.7 million associated members which in 2009 celebrated 100 years of registration.
Hostelling International (HI) is an organization that was born in 1932 primarily aimed at coordinating the Youth Hostel Association worldwide.
International Network HI offers access to over 4,000 hostels unique (different) in 90 countries across the globe, hostels various classification standards, which ensure that accommodation and safety of passengers, located in locations with friendly surroundings at prices more than affordable.
HI hostels can be found in the most inspired and nonconformist places worldwide. From a house-hostel set in a tree in Norway at a castle in Scotland; from the hostel built in a Jumbo Jet in Stockholm at one located in a lighthouse on the Pacific coast in California or in a boat anchored on the Danube in Budapest. All this provides a unique experience, unforgettable memories spent 4,000 locations worldwide.
The idea hosteling began in Germany in 1909; its founders were Richard Schirrmann, a German professor, and Wilhelm Münker, conservationist who saw the need to find accommodations necessary for groups of students who wanted to observe rural life through organized trips with class during school holidays – so they were accommodated in schools. The two have created the first such hostel in Altena, Westphalia in their school where they act as teachers. Later, it was replaced with a special location for permanent residency active today, Altena Castle. The idea of setting up these locations has spread throughout Germany Professor Schirrmann prompting him to found Youth Hostel Associations. Before long, the movement youth hostel (youth hostels) spread pretty quickly globally, so the International Youth Hostel Federation (IYHF) (International Federation) was founded as a necessity having as first president Richard Schirrmann .
International Youth Hostel Federation operates today under the name Hostelling International (HI), partner to which we want to “borrow” experience long period of activity, combining it with our tradition of yesteryear (unfortunately lost), the school camps that some of us recall the pleasant events of childhood.
Adopted new values are the same as those of parents of the idea, adding less from us – education by example and perseverance, relying on the promotion of good relations between people and environmental conservation.
We try to promote ideas like those that these spaces located throughout the world, existing in our country, are not just places of accommodation, but also places where the traveler can relax, to have fun, to experience the knowledge of different cultural values, to come and meet new people from around the world.