1. Who we are
Romanian Hostelling is committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect information about you, how we use the information we collect, and how you can instruct us if you prefer to change the use of that information.
2. How we collect your information
3. What personal information we collect
Personal data is defined as any information relating to you personally. This includes information such as your name, gender, date of birth, (postal) address, telephone number or payment details.
Information that cannot be directly linked to your actual identity (such as the length of time spent on our website or number of website users) is not considered personal data. Personal data is collected, for instance, when filling in the membership application or the group request form or when booking a stay. If these are sensitive data, such as your bank details, the information is transmitted via a secure connection. We collect information relating to your online interaction with Romanian Hostelling, for example the pages you visit on our websites, your IP address, device and browser type, as well as social media interactions.
4. How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To confirm and remind you of your reservations
- To provide the services you have requested
- To manage your membership
- To record your interactions with us
- To personalise the services and communications we offer to you
- To analyse data so that we can better understand customer behaviour, trends and the impact of our activities
- To inform future product and service development
Where we process your personal information, it may be held by Romanian Hostelling or by trusted third party companies which processes it on our behalf.
5. How long we keep your information
We retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfil the service you requested. In some cases we must retain it in order to meet our legal obligations for reporting (for example, retaining financial records for up to five years).
When your information is no longer required we will delete it securely.
We may retain information about customers whose conduct has been anti-social or breached our policies, for the purpose of restricting those customers’ future use of our services.
6. How we keep your information safe
We follow good security practices (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. We monitor your information where practical to do so to check that it is accurate and up to date.
Our security procedures mean that we will need to confirm your identity before we are able to discuss your membership, bookings or other queries.
7. Disclosing your information to other organizations
We may use trusted third parties to process your information on our behalf and when we do, appropriate data privacy contracts will be in place. We will only transfer your personal information on the understanding that the third party has undertaken to us that they have in place adequate technical and organisational measures to protect that information.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed or stored at, a trusted third party destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
We may release your information to the police or other authorities where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
We may engage with trusted third parties to analyse data about our customers, supporters and website users in order to provide us with greater insight into customer behaviour for the purpose of informing future developments.
We may also provide anonymous statistics to reputable third parties for the purpose of analysis. These statistics will not include any personal information.
8. Your rights
At any point whilst Romanian Hostelling is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Ask us what information we hold about you and what we are doing with it
- Request copies of the information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct your information if it is inaccurate
- Request that we delete your information
- Ask us to change the way we process your information
- Object to our processing of your information
- Change how we communicate with you
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Romanian Data Protection Authority via their website at https://www.dataprotection.ro/